|Job Type||Job Location||Company|
|Full Time||San Francisco||RE-volv|
RE-volv Employment Opportunity
Title: Manager, Volunteer Programs
Primary Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports To: Executive Director
Application Deadline: ASAP
RE-volv is a lean nonprofit social enterprise focused on fighting climate change by accelerating the adoption of clean energy. RE-volv empowers people to bring clean energy to their communities. Through RE-volv’s crowdfunding platform, individuals can donate to a revolving fund that finances solar energy installations for nonprofit organizations around the United States. As nonprofits like schools and homeless shelters go solar with RE-volv, they save money on their electricity bills which they can use to better serve their community. To date, we have crowdfunded nearly half a million dollars in donations from people in 38 states for 15 solar projects in 6 states. RE-volv’s main goal is to engage as many people as possible in building the clean energy revolution.
RE-volv has received numerous awards, including a Business Innovation Award from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Sunshot Initiative, is an inaugural member of the White House National Community Solar Partnership, and winner of the OpenIDEO Climate Innovation Fellowship. RE-volv receives generous support from the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, U.S. Department of Energy’s Sunshot Initiative, the 11th Hour Project of the Schmidt Family Foundation, and many others.
The Volunteer Program Manager’s Role
RE-volv’s volunteer programs consist of our Solar Ambassador Program (for college fellows) and our Solar Champion Program (for community members). Both groups of volunteers play an integral role in our work. Both programs train volunteers to spearhead crowdfunding campaigns to bring solar energy to nonprofits in their community. The Volunteer Program Manager will be responsible for recruiting, training, and overseeing the volunteers during this process, and maintaining relationships with them afterwards. This will require devising innovative recruitment strategies, measuring and improving the effectiveness of our training materials, being in close communication with multiple volunteer teams before and during their crowdfunding campaigns, and helping volunteers after their campaigns to stay connected with each other and pursue job opportunities in the field. We’re seeking a Volunteer Program Manager who is highly organized, an experienced project manager, and works well with volunteers. They will be overseeing multiple teams at various stages of their crowdfunding campaigns. Experience with crowdfunding is a plus.
This is a full time position in our San Francisco office in the Financial District. This is a high
impact position, requiring creativity, independence, collaboration and initiative.
includes an annual salary commensurate with experience, benefits and generous paid time off.
RE-volv also provides the last Friday of every month off for personal care, which we call RE-charge Days. RE-volv allows flexible work hours and is committed to supporting a good worklife
balance. Position starts as soon as possible.
– Recruit college student teams from universities nationwide for Solar Ambassador Fellowship
– Recruit volunteers from communities nationwide to lead Solar Champion projects
– Coordinate virtual meetings, materials, and communications with all volunteers
– Create and continually improve RE-volv volunteer training materials
– Monitor and evaluate volunteer performance and the effectiveness of the program
– Be a point person offering guidance and support to volunteers
– Assist in developing and deploying solar crowdfunding campaigns
– Train and support volunteers in their marketing and communications efforts
– Support volunteers in planning and executing promotional and educational events
– Represent RE-volv by speaking and tabling at events
– Be a collaborative member of a small team working to achieve RE-volv’s mission
Skills and Qualifications
– 4-6 years of volunteer and/or project management, preferably in solar, environmental
advocacy, crowdfunding, or a related field
– Extremely well-organized and good at planning and meeting deadlines over long time
– Experience teaching college students and/or adults new skills
– Ability to manage multiple teams and ensure their goals and deadlines are met
– The ability to create clear documentation of project management processes
– Experience crowdfunding, grant-writing, and fundraising
– Proficiency with Salesforce
– Excellent writing skills
– A keen eye for design and the ability to maintain consistency across marketing collateral
– Comfortable presenting to large and small audiences
– Knowledge of solar energy, climate change, and environmental movement
– Ability to self-manage deadlines and tasks
– Passion for renewable energy, mitigating climate change, and building an equitable and
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter detailing relevant experience, salary
requirements, and interest in the position via email to email@example.com. Please write “Volunteer
Program Manager Application” in the subject line.