|Job Type||Job Location||Company|
|Full Time||San Francisco||RE-volv|
RE-volv Employment Opportunity
Title: Communications and Marketing Manager
Primary Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports To: Executive Director
Application Deadline: ASAP
RE-volv is a lean nonprofit social enterprise focused on fighting climate change by accelerating the adoption of clean energy. RE-volv empowers people and communities through renewable energy. Through RE-volv’s crowdfunding platform, individuals can donate to a revolving fund that finances solar projects for nonprofit organizations around the United States. As nonprofits like schools and homeless shelters go solar with RE-volv, they save money on their electricity bills which they can use to better serve their community. To date, we have crowdfunded nearly half a million dollars in donations from people in 38 states and 22 countries for 15 solar projects in 6 states. RE-volv’s main goal is to empower as many people as possible to bring clean energy to their communities.
RE-volv has received numerous awards, including a Business Innovation Award from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Sunshot Initiative, is an inaugural member of the White House National Community Solar Partnership, and winner of the OpenIDEO Climate Innovation Fellowship.
RE-volv receives generous support from the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, U.S. Department of Energy’s Sunshot Initiative, the 11th Hour Project of the Schmidt Family Foundation, and many others.
The Communications and Marketing Manager’s Role
As the Communications and Marketing Manager, your main focus will be to substantially increase the number of users/donors on our crowdfunding platform. You will refine and implement RE-volv’s overall communications and marketing strategy. The Communications and Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing an effective digital marketing strategy, growing our online community, and increasing participation in our programs. Our key audiences include climate activists, volunteers, nonprofits, partners, and donors. In addition, this role will include promoting crowdfunding campaigns and being a coach/point person for the Solar Ambassadors and Champions during their crowdfunding campaigns.
Position Details This is a full time position in our San Francisco office in the Financial District. This is a high impact position, requiring creativity, independence, collaboration and initiative. Compensation includes an annual salary commensurate with experience, benefits and generous paid time off.
RE-volv allows flexible work hours and is committed to supporting a good work-life balance. Position starts as soon as possible.
●Develop and implement RE-volv’s overall communications and marketing strategy
● Drive traffic to RE-volv website through SEO, Google Adwords, Social Media, and other advertising and marketing techniques
● Track website activity and communications metrics using Google Analytics, social media analytics, and Key Performance Indicators
● Manage Public Relations, maintain relationships with journalists and pitch stories
● Manage RE-volv’s email list in Salesforce and MailChimp and communicate regularly with constituents
● Maintain and update RE-volv web content, including blog
● Train and support volunteers in their marketing and communications efforts for solar crowdfunding campaigns
● Plan and execute promotional and educational events
● Represent RE-volv by speaking and tabling at events
● Be a collaborative member of a small team working to achieve RE-volv’s mission
Skills and Qualifications
● 5-7 years of experience in digital marketing and communications preferably in solar, tech, and/or crowdfunding
● Proficiency with Salesforce
● Proficiency with MailChimp
● Public Relations including writing press releases and pitching journalists
● Managing SEO, Google Adwords, and Social Media
● Measuring and testing conversions through analytics
● Excellent writing skills ● Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
● A keen eye for design and the ability to maintain consistency across marketing collateral
● Comfortable presenting to large and small audiences
● Knowledge of solar energy, climate change, and environmental movement
● Ability to self-manage deadlines and tasks
● Passion for renewable energy, mitigating climate change, and building an equitable and sustainable society
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter detailing relevant experience, salary requirements, and interest in the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Communications and Marketing Manager Application” in the subject line.
|To apply: visit http://bit.ly/Re-Volv-Communications-And-Marketing-Manager or email Andreas Karelas with your resume.|