|Job Type||Job Location||Company|
|Full Time||SF Bay Area||LS Power|
LS Power Development has successfully developed over 9,000 MW of power generation and 470 miles of long-distance, high-voltage transmission infrastructure throughout the United States, with a combined capital cost in excess of $7.8 billion. We identify the need for new power generation and transmission infrastructure and work with our customers to develop new projects and sell competitively priced electricity on a wholesale basis. In addition, LS Power has raised, invested and manages over $8 billion in private equity funds, and currently operates a portfolio of over 15,000 MW’s of power generation assets.
LS Power is seeking a Power Systems / Controls Engineer (exact title TBD) in the San Francisco Bay Area to support engineering, construction, and operations for large scale battery energy storage projects. The ideal candidate is excited about working on the cutting edge of new clean energy technology, and will be able to contribute to the development, technical design, procurement, engineering, construction management, commissioning, and operation of large scale battery energy storage projects connected to the high voltage transmission system. Our team in the Western U.S. is a small, experienced, and collaborative group of professionals in the electric power business with diverse backgrounds including development, finance, engineering, control systems, real estate, and transmission planning. Our office is located in Pleasanton, California with easy access from BART or interstates 580 and 680. Significant travel and/or on-site construction engineering and commissioning may be required in this role.
• Fast learner across multiple disciplines
• Ability to read and review engineering drawings (single line diagrams, three line diagrams, construction drawings), network diagrams, SCADA documentation, etc.
• Experience in the construction and commissioning of electric power projects
o Any technology is ok, can be storage, solar, wind, gas, etc.
• Background in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, or Power Systems
• BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
• 3-5+ years professional experience in the energy industry
• Professional interest in energy technologies and battery energy storage
• Experience with either the procurement or technical sales process with major capital equipment, preferably in the electric power industry
• Project development, construction and/or project management experience desired
Contact for this position: Cody Hill (email@example.com)
|To apply: visit http://bit.ly/LSPower-PowerSystems-Control-Engineer or email Cody Hill with your resume.|